A debit and ATM card all in one.
WCCU’s CheckMate card is a Debit and ATM (Automated Teller Machine) card all rolled into one! WCCU’s CheckMate can be used worldwide wherever VISA is accepted.
As a Debit Card
- CheckMate works just like a credit card, but instead of charging you interest, you’re paying for purchases with money right out of your checking account.
- WCCU’s convenient debit card is FREE and reduces your need to carry cash. It is faster to use than a check, cheaper than credit cards, and more convenient and secure than cash. CheckMate purchases are neatly itemized on your monthly statement.
As an ATM Card
- Withdraw or transfer money from any automated teller machine (ATM).
- Make your deposits at any ATM.
- WCCU ATM. Anytime you use your CheckMate card at a WCCU ATM, you can enjoy free access to your account. There are no surcharges and no transaction fees for deposits, withdrawals or transfers.
- OTHER SHAZAM ATMS. If you use a Shazam ATM other than WCCU’s (found mainly in Wisconsin), there are no fees for deposits and just a $0.25 fee for each withdrawal or transfer.
- NON-SHAZAM ATMS. If you use any other ATM, there is a $1.00 fee for withdrawals and transfers.
- SURCHARGES. In addition to the charges above, many financial institutions will charge you to use their ATM. This fee is referred to as a surcharge. Before you use any ATM, please be sure to see if there is a surcharge. If there is a surcharge, it is to be clearly posted on the machine. Most of these institutions may charge anywhere from $1.00 to $5.00 to use their machine.
There are also many machines (many are owned by credit unions) that do not have any surcharge.
Get the Brella App today!
Please download the Brella App at your App Store below and then follow these instructions: