Our Most Popular Account!
- No minimum balance required.
- No monthly service charge.
- Overdraft fees: $20 per presentment or $5 with overdraft protection. Maximum overdraft charge per day is $100.
- Stop Payment Fee: $20 per item.
- Depositing a bad (returned) check: $10 per item.
- Earn 3.00% APY* on deposits $.01 – $20,000 (rate effective 2/1/23)
- Earn .25% APY on deposits $20,001+
- Reimbursed ATM fees (up to $10 per month)
If these three requirements are not met the dividend rate will be .05% APY and there will be no reimbursement for ATM Fees:
- Make a minimum of 15 CheckMate transactions per month.
NOTE: Transactions include both debit and credit and must be posted to the account during the monthly cycle in order to be included.
- Must enroll in online banking and must receive your monthly statement electronically. (to receive e-statement notifications, you are required to maintain a valid e-mail address)
- Have a continuous monthly direct deposit into this account or have at least one automated transfer from this account per month. (ACH debit or credit, Payroll Credit, or recurring automatic transfer to loan or savings from checking)
The dividend rate for this account is set on the 1st day of each month. Rates can be viewed Rates page.
Awards Checking FAQs
Q. Can I convert my current WCCU checking account to an Awards Checking account?
A. Yes, and you can even keep your same checks and CheckMate card! Just stop in and sign a form. We can also automatically convert your direct deposit, auto payments, etc.
Q. Which ATM fees are refunded?
A. Fees for using other ATM’s and ATM surcharge fees will be refunded, up to a total of $10 per month if all the requirements are met.
Q. What if I have 15 CheckMate transactions during the month, but because I did some on March 31st, they did not hit my account until April… can I still receive the benefits?
A. No. The Awards Checking Account is a fully automated service. If the qualifications are not met during the month, the higher dividend rate will not be paid and ATM fees cannot be refunded. Because it is automated, there is no way of making exceptions.
Q. How often does the rate change?
A. The rate is set on 1st day of each month.
WCCU Checking Essentials:
Get CheckMate – it’s your debit and ATM card all in one!
- A CheckMate Card is a Debit Card and ATM Card all in one!
- It looks like a credit card, but works like a check. Use it wherever VISA is accepted and the money will be directly taken from your checking account.
- Use it instead of your checks to have money taken from your checking account and avoid unnecessary check writing hassles.
- The card is free.
- FREE transactions at any WCCU ATM.
- Withdrawals and transfers at non-WCCU ATM’s are $1.00 plus any surcharge charged by the owner of the ATM.
- WCCU’s overdraft policy applied to CheckMate Card transactions.
- Note: Business accounts can only use an ATM to withdraw money.
At WCCU, you need not worry about storing your original returned checks. For your convenience, copies of original checks are kept in safekeeping. If you have online access to your accounts, you can view and print copies of your cleared checks. If you do not have online access to your accounts, you can request a photocopy of a paid check at any time. Each copy is $1.00. Requests that involve many checks or requests that require a significant amount of time may be subject to a research charge.
- Saves you time and money.
- Less checks to write.
- Peace of mind. Payments are made automatically.
- For loan payments, insurance premiums, utility bills, donations, etc.
- Payments automatically taken from your checking account on the date that you specify.
- To cancel an automatic transfer, you simply send a letter notifying the payee that the automatic deduction is canceled and keep a copy of the letter for your records.
Statements for all WCCU checking accounts are mailed monthly. All transactions, including direct deposits, automatic transfers/payments, debit card purchases, ATM transactions, Internet transactions, and TellerLine/phone transactions are included on your monthly statements.