Providing You With Tools & Resources To Help You
WCCU Financial Counseling was created based on the needs of WCCU Members. Our mission is to provide WCCU members with information and resources from people they know and trust to make informed decisions and improve their overall financial wellness.
WCCU Financial Counseling is a complimentary service for WCCU members and all individuals in our communities. We focus on providing you with the tools and resources to help you move from financial crisis to stability.
A FREE one-on-one Financial Counseling session can help you with:
- Budgeting – Discuss your overall household budget, track expenses and income, and explore how to better utilize your funds.
- Saving – Discuss long and short-term financial goals and establish savings plans to buy a home, purchase a vehicle, or feel more secure with your savings.
- Credit Counseling – Understand your current credit score, learn what can impact your score (positively and negatively), and work together to increase your credit score or maintain a high rating.
- Additional Services – Student Loan counseling, credit report review, credit card debt management, and other resources as necessary.
Certified Credit Union Financial Counselors
Several of our WCCU Staff members earned the credentials of Certified Credit Union Financial Counselors (CCUFC) by completing a rigorous program aimed at identifying consumers’ financial challenges, providing intervention, and offering assistance not typically offered by for-profit financial institutions. The CCUFC designation requires re-certification every three years to ensure their knowledge about financial counseling is current. Training is completed through the Credit Union National Association, with additional guidance provided by the National Credit Union Foundation.
Your FREE One-On-One Financial Counseling Session
Each session could last approximately 60-90 minutes, where you’ll meet confidentially with one of our Certified Credit Union Financial Counselors. Our goal is to empower you with reasonable tools and tangible resources to achieve financial freedom. In preparation, please gather the items listed below. The more you bring to your Financial Counseling session, the better plan we can create together. The information you share is entirely confidential, and will never be given to any other person, employee, or company without your permission.
- Recent Pay Stubs
- Account Statements
- Recurring Bills and Expenses
- Debt and Loan Statements
- Outstanding Bills
- Credit Report*
You are entitled to one free copy of your credit report every 12 months. Order it online at www.annualcreditreport.com or call 1-877-322-8228.
Schedule your FREE Financial Counseling Session today! For more information or to speak with one of our Certified Credit Union Financial Counselors, please call any of our WCCU locations.