Own a piece of WCCU! A $5 deposit opens your Member Savings account at WCCU. Your first $5 is a share in the credit union and makes you a member/owner.
- $5 to open an account.
- $50 minimum to earn dividends.
- Variable rate dividends compounded and paid quarterly on daily balances on $50.00 or more.
- $1.00 monthly service charge if balance falls below $50.00 at any time during the month (service organizations and businesses with a loan or credit card are exempt from this monthly service charge).
No more than six withdrawals or transfers to other credit union accounts of the member, or to a third party, by means of:
- Preauthorized or automatic transfers (such as overdraft protection transfers or arranging to have bill payments deducted directly from the depositor’s savings account).
- Telephonic transfers (made by the member telephoning or sending a fax or online instruction to the credit union and instructing the transfer to be made).
- Transfers by check, debit card, or similar order payable to third parties.
- The card is free.
- No charge for any transactions at a WCCU ATM.
- No charge for deposits. Withdrawals or transfers just $0.25 per use. (Non-WCCU ATMs may have fee from ATM owner.)
- Some terminals (in- and out-of-state) cost $1.00 per use. (Non-WCCU ATMs may have fee from ATM owner.)
- No charge for this convenient service.
- Money can be deducted from savings for insurance premiums, club membership fees, etc.
- To cancel an automatic deduction, you must send a letter to the company and keep a copy for your records
- If an automatic deduction creates a negative balance, you may be subject to a $20 overdraft fee.
Quarterly statements are mailed at no charge. (Members with a WCCU checking account receive a monthly statement of all their WCCU accounts.)
Your Warranty of Safety
Westby Co-op Credit Union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).