Health Savings Account (HSA)
Protection + Affordability + Flexibility
You can contribute at any time during the year, and your HSA balance rolls over from year to year.
You own the account, so it goes where you go regardless of any job changes.
Contributions to your HSA are deducible and the account earnings will accumulate on a tax-deferred basis. Your employer’s contributions to your HSA are tax-free. Best of all, distributions from your HSA are tax-free, if they are used for qualified medical expenses.
You must enroll in a high-deductible health plan before you can make HSA contributions. The high-deductible health plan provides you with protection from catastrophic medical costs, and the HSA provides you with a source of funds to pay some or all of the costs not covered by the health plan.
- Single Plan: Minimum Deductible $1,400. Max Out of Pocket $6,900
- Family Plan: Minimum Deductible $2,800. Max Out of Pocket $13,800
The maximum annual HSA contribution is the deductible under your high-deductible health plan; however, the contribution for 2021 cannot exceed:
- $3,600 (monthly limit $300) for a Single Plan
- $7,200 (monthly limit $600) for a Family Plan
- Over 55 Catch-up Contributions Limit: $1,000 (monthly limit $83.33)
WCCU’s Health Savings Accounts:
- Use our free debit card to access your account
- Checks available for $9.50 per 50 checks
- Fee to establish your HSA: $20
- No monthly service charge for active accounts ($2 per month for accounts with no activity for 6 months AND the balance is less than $500)
- Fee to close account: $20
- Subject to $20 overdraft fee per presentment.
- Overdraft Protection is not available with an HSA.
- Balances of $50+ will earn a competitive dividend rate.
- Monthly statements
Your Warranty of Safety
Westby Co-op Credit Union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).