Life happens! Westby Co-op Credit Union understands that unexpected overdrafts occur from time to time – overdraft coverage can help.
Overdraft Coverage Options:
|Overdraft Protection Link to Another Deposit Account you have at WCCU*||$5 fee per transfer|
|Overdraft Protection Line of Credit* **||$5 transfer fee + interest|
|Overdraft Privilege||$20 overdraft fee per presentment|
*Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or any of our offices to sign up or apply for these services. **Subject to credit approval.
Overdraft Privilege allows you to overdraw your account up to the disclosed limit for a fee in order to pay a transaction.
WCCU may provide you a $100 limit for eligible checking accounts at account opening. If your checking account remains in good standing for 60 days, this limit may be increased to $500. Even if you have overdraft protection, such as a transfer from another account, Overdraft Privilege is still available as secondary coverage if the other protection sources are exhausted.
Please be aware that the Overdraft Privilege amount is not included in your balance provided through online banking, telephone banking or WCCU ATMs.
Overdraft Protection services apply to all types of transactions and may help protect your account from being overdrawn by automatically transferring funds to your checking account from another account or line of credit you may have at WCCU, for a fee or finance charge. Please note that overdraft lines of credit are subject to approval.
There is no fee for having Overdraft Privilege unless you use it. The Overdraft Fee of $20 will be imposed for overdrafts created by checks, ACH, point-of-sale, ATM withdrawals, in-person withdrawals, or by other electronic means. If multiple items would overdraw your account on the same day, each item would be assessed the appropriate fee. This is the same fee that WCCU charges for items returned to the payee due to insufficient funds. There is a cap of $100 per day on the total fees we charge you for overdrawing your account.
All fees and charges will be included as part of the Overdraft Privilege limit amount. Your account may become overdrawn in excess of the Overdraft Privilege limit amount as a result of the assessment of a fee. The total negative balance, including all fees and charges, is due and payable upon demand. Depositor and each Authorized Signatory will continue to be liable, jointly and severally for all such amounts, as described in the Deposit Account and Disclosure Agreement.
You can request to discontinue the Overdraft Privilege service in its entirety at any time by contacting us at any of our offices or sending us an email at email@example.com. Without Overdraft Privilege, your insufficient funds items will be returned to the payee and/or declined at the point of purchase, unless you have Overdraft Protection available to cover the item(s). You will be charged the standard return fee of $20 for all returned items.
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts caused by ATM and everyday debit card transactions (Extended Coverage), tell us by using one of the methods below.
- Call us at any of our offices.
- Visit one of our convenient office locations.
- Complete the Consent Form (available at any branch or you can request a copy by phone) and mail it to us at any of our locations.
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Securely log into your online banking account to opt in your debit card under the Overdraft Privilege section.
NOTE: Business accounts automatically have access to Overdraft Privilege for ATM and everyday debit card transactions. (Extended Coverage).
- We post items in the following order:
- First: ACH transactions (credits before debits)
- Second: ATM and Debit card transactions (order received)
- Third: Checks (lowest to highest dollar amount)
- The order in which transactions are posted may impact the total amount of overdraft or return fees assessed.
- A single larger overdraft will result in just one fee, as opposed to multiple smaller overdrafts.
- Although under payment system rules, WCCU may be obligated to pay some unauthorized debit card transactions, WCCU will not authorize debit card or ATM transactions unless there are sufficient available funds (including overdraft coverage) to cover the transactions and the amount of any fee(s).
- Giving us your consent to pay everyday debit card and ATM overdrafts may result in you incurring overdraft fees for transactions that we would otherwise be required to pay without assessing an overdraft fee. However, this may allow us to authorize transactions up to the amount of your Overdraft Privilege limit and may also help you avoid overdrafts in excess of your available funds that could result in restriction of your debit card.
- Except as described here, WCCU will not pay items if your account does not contain available funds (including the Overdraft Privilege limit) to cover the item(s) and the amount of any fee(s).
- We may restrict your debit card use if you incur overdrafts in excess of the available funds in your account including any Overdraft Privilege limit.
- WCCU will place a hold on your account for any authorized debit card transaction until the transaction settles (usually within two business days) or as permitted by payment system rules. In some cases, the hold may exceed the amount of the transaction.
- Overdraft Privilege is not a line of credit; it is a discretionary overdraft service that can be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
- Overdraft Privilege may be discontinued if you default on any loan or other obligation to us, your account becomes subject to any legal or administrative order or levy, or if you fail to maintain your account in good standing by not bringing your account to a positive balance within thirty-five (35) calendar days for a minimum of one business day.
What Types of Transactions Does Overdraft Privilege Cover?
The types of transactions covered by Overdraft Privilege depend on the coverage selected. See the chart to the right for more information.
If you choose Extended Coverage, all the transaction types listed in Standard Coverage are included, along with ATM withdrawals and everyday debit card transactions. WCCU will not authorize overdrafts for everyday debit card and ATM transactions on consumer accounts unless you give us your consent to pay these overdrafts by electing Extended Coverage. Business Accounts automatically have Extended Coverage.
|ACH – Auto Debits||X||X|
|Recurring Debit Card Payments||X||X|
|Online Bill Pay Items||X||X|
|At the Teller Window||X||X|
|Everyday Debit Card Transactions||X*|